Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Am I 133 already?

I had a major birthday in September, but didn't think I was that old already.  Let me back track a bit.  I have always believed I am going to live to be 133.  I don't remember how I came up with that number.  Might have been a psychic I went to years ago, or maybe a doctor that had recommended surgery for a tumor.  I shrug, because at this point it's not important.  

This past Summer's fire season here in Montana was HELL!  Serious Hell! Hell on my lungs! hell i tell ya! There were too many nights I was afraid to fall asleep, because I was "worried" I wouldn't wake up in the morning.  

I am having that kind of day today.  Although the level of smoke from fires has gone way down, you can't tell it by my breathing or should I say lack of breath.  I hope just make it through the day.  Is this where the saying "One Day At A Time" comes from?

The other morning I had the same kind of feeling.  I woke up at about 3AM, breathing so-so, and trying not to panic.  I did a breathing treatment.  Coughed some gunk up out of my lungs and went back to sleep.  When I woke up for the day it hit me how close to death we are.  One breath away.  One blink.  One sigh. One gasp. One breath.




2 comments:

Fram Actual said...

As the Rolling Stones sang in, "Gimme Shelter:"

War, children, it's just a shot away ....
I tell you love, sister, it's just a kiss away ....

So, too, Boni, you are absolutely correct: Death is just a breath away, a blink away, a sigh away, a gasp away .... I am uncertain how many people actually realize that and, among those who do, actually accept it as part of their own reality.

I can only imagine how stressful your summer has been for you. I lived in the midst of woodlands while in South Dakota, and my greatest concern was the ever-present threat of fire.

its_me_in_montana said...

I have to admit it is a scary realization Fram. As often as it happened this past Summer, for some reason the other morning it was more real

Over 1/10th of Montana has burned or is burning still. The fires are still here, but with the cold weather the smoke is mostly not. Over 26 square miles has burned in one fire in Glacier alone. I was going to go to Glacier today, just to see what the fire has done to the place my heart calls home. I was afraid of the smoke.

I just figured that when walking to the car gets to be too much, it's time to stay home.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are well. Too bad you had to have your tree cut down. Did you plant two in its place?