Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I know you'll find this hard to believe, but...

...I had a conversation with Elvis today. No, no, no, now don't go thinkin' I'm 10-96. First let me tell you what happened. I was putting cream puffs in one of the coolers at the bakery today, and there he was. Okay, so maybe it wasn't the Elvis, Elvis, (last I heard he was working in a Burger King in Michigan or somewhere). But, it was one of our semi-regular customers that wears his hair like Elvis and wears glasses like Elvis used to wear. I kid you not.

I asked him if he would be interested in a cream puff. In an Elvis sounding voice he said, "No, I'm not supposed to have any of it." No kidding, I picked up a hint of Elvis sound in his voice. I asked him what he liked. He told me cherry Napoleons. Our bakery makes some awesome Napoleon pastries. He said he likes the ones with the cherries on the whip cream. I told him that a couple of weeks ago we made some with mocha flavored whip cream. He said he wasn't into mocha, just cherries. I told him he could order one, that I was sure they would make one for him (he looks like the "King" after all). His Priscilla walked up, and he ended the conversation. Maybe next time he comes back, we'll have Napoleons with cherries in them.

I watched as Elvis, er I mean he left the building.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Hee hee hee, excellent! Really made me chuckle, thank you Boni :-)

There's a beautiful silver Weimaraner dog that I see up the beach sometimes called Elvis. Unfortunately, he and Kaos just don't get on... :-)

its_me_in_montana said...

You're welcome Katy. I enjoyed writing this one. I laughed so hard when I found the picture of the dog, that I had tears in my eyes!!

I think this guy is another instance of someone marching to their own drum beat, that has to expect to be stared at as he marches.

Thanks again for stopping by Katy, I do appreciate your comments and visits.

Peace